Castor oil is one of the most versatile ingredients and everyone should keep a bottle of it! In case you have never used it for cleansing, cosmetic, or medicinal purposes, you are really missing out a lot. This article focuses on its ability to regrow hair, which is backed up by countless testimonies.
What Is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is obtained from the castor oil, known as Ricinus communis in the medical field. It is a vegetable oil, just like soybean and corn oil, which accounts for its versatility. The seeds of castor plant are cold-pressed to extract the oil.
Castor oil is widely used in manufacturing, production, massage oils, health and beauty products, and various medicines. When taken orally in the appropriate dose, it may alleviate constipation or destroy parasites in the gut.
Using Castor Oil On Your Hair
Using castor oil regularly can notably improve both the health and appearance of your hair. Getting a bottle of castor oil is the cheapest and best solution for a long, shiny, and thick hair. Here are a few tips on how to use it for this purpose:
– Thickens and regrows hair: Being packed with omega-9 fats, castor oil nourishes the follicles and hair. It has the ability to penetrate in the pores and follicles responsible for production of hair.
– Split ends: To heal split ends, rub castor oil on the ends of the hair and leave it for a few hours.
– Long lashes: Use a Q-tip t dab castor oil on the eyelids before bedtime.
Dandruff: Mix castor oil with olive oil and lemon juice, and apply the resulting mixture on the scalp. Let it work for an hour before rinsing it off.
How To Apply Castor Oil On Your Hair
Castor oil has quite a sticky texture which can get messy when applied to the hair. Here is an easy way to use it without getting all messy around!
Castor oil prevents hair loss, stimulates hair growth, improves circulation to the scalp, and provides antifungal and antibacterial properties.
When used on a regular basis, it can undo the damage done by detrimental chemical hair products. Its antioxidant content supports hair`s keratin, making the hair look smoother and stronger.
Note: Always use organic, cold-pressed castor oil which is hexane-free.
How To Apply Castor Oil On Hair
– First, prepare the castor oil. As mentioned above, it is quite sticky, so you can combine it with another oil in order to make it easier for application. Mix equal amounts of castor oil and the oil of choice, such as coconut, jojoba, or argan oil.
– Put the small bowl of oil in a larger bowl of hot water to warm it up
– Dampen the hair by spraying a little bit of water
– Dip the tips of the fingers in the warm oil and then massage it in the scalp
– Rub the oil between the palms and run in through the hair
– Cover the hair with a shower cap and then wrap a hot towel around the head in order to improve the absorption of nutrients through the pores
– Let it work an hour ( at least)